One of the things I love to do is create book displays in the library. I find that students tend to pick up and check out books that are out on display. One of our guidance counselors asked me to do a display about bullying and I got this idea from my go to place for creative ideas, Pinterest. Students not only loved making the sticky notes, but they loved taking them and giving them away. I was constantly adding new sticky notes to the display.
Recommended books about bullying:
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- Hate List by Jennifer Brown
- Speechless by Hannah Harrington
- Everybody Sees the Ants by A.S. King
- The Astonishing Adventures of Fan Boy and Goth Girl by Barry Lyga
- The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
- By the Time Your Read This, I’ll Be Dead by Julie Anne Peters
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
- The List by Siobhan Vivian
- Falling into Place by Amy Zhang
What other books on bullying would you recommend?